Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas Holiday Season


This time of year has always been so special to me, but since having Jaxson 3 years ago and Maddox last year, it has brought even greater joy to my life. My family has always made the Christmas holiday so special. Being raised in a divorced family this was always the time of year when it seemed to work to my favor. The week before and after, was always spent trying to see all members of my family from both sides. I loved it! It seems that there were multiple actual "Christmas" days! Yeah so there were always great gifts, but seeing my family was so special. As I have gotten older, there are family members that I don't see anymore and I do miss them! Then there are other members of my family, that since having children we get to see more often. One of the greatest joys has been seeing my children with their "second" cousins. I am excited that this year, we will be able to see Wendy, Renee, and Emery. I can't wait for Jaxson to get to know Emery. It's kinda great b/c Jaxson is 3, Emery is 2 and Maddox is 1. Maddox might acutally weigh more tham Emery....LOL!


Now that I am married, the difficult journey continues of trying to decide how to share the holidays with all sides of our families. I wish there was a perfect answer, but there isn't. I do feel that it is important the the boys celebrate Cheristmas morning at home (not to mention, I don't want to drag the presents on a trip!!). We will do our best, and may not see everyone on the exact days, but isn't that why they call it the Christmas Season?

So today we did not to any shopping with all the crazy people...sorry if I am naming you. It's just not my thing! We had a relaxing morning and then after lunch and naps, Jaxson and I put up the tree and then Daddy and Maddox joined us for lights, beads, and of course the decorations. It's funny how my treat looked like it came out of a catolog when we first got married with all "purchased" ornaments. But now, having the boys, we have collected some really special ornaments, espcially ones handmade by them at school. My mom has been so great about getting the boys special ornaments from Hallmark for each Christmas they have celebrated! I love how our tree looks now! We still have a fake tree, and will most likely always have one like this.




Well we have a few more days off together, so I look forward to spending with my boys! Here's to kicking off the Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment